Terms and conditions
This site is owned and operated by Scopes’n’Skies (“Scopes’n’Skies”, “we” or “us”). If you want to ask us anything about these terms and conditions, or have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please contact us.
- We endeavour to depict our products as accurately as possible. However, minor variations in colour or packaging may occur between batches. These variations will not impact on the product’s optical or mechanical performance in any way other than ‘cosmetically.’
- What do we mean by Normally in our price comparison? We calculate the normal price by combining a number of factors including the suggested retail price combined with a typical UK competitors' delivery charge and we also add the cost of the additions and gifts provided by our online offer if you purchased them seperatly. So overall the 'Normally' price indicator gives you a rough guide of what this offer might cost you elsewhere.
- We're proud of our large range of astronomical accessories and of the fact that they are supplied by specialist manufacturers who also supply other major astronomy brands such as eg Meade and Celestron. As a consequence, most of these accessories will be unbranded, or may have the name of the original manufacturer on the outer packaging. Please note that this DOES NOT mean that the product is in any way second class, a reject, a QC failure or anything of the kind — all our goods are FIRST CLASS top-quality astronomical accessories from leading suppliers.
- Please note that all prices are in British pound sterling; all transactions must be made in this currency.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards, personal cheques, postal orders, banker’s drafts/money orders and payment via Paypal (see below). Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to A10 Optical Ltd. Cheques and bankers’ drafts/money orders must be made out in British pound sterling, and credit and debit cards will be charged in this currency.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to provide an accurate delivery address and contact telephone number — incorrect details may lead to a significant delay in dispatch.
- Whilst every effort will be made to maintain the prices indicated, it may not always be possible, therefore we reserve the right to discontinue any items from this list and change prices when necessary.
- For orders to countries outside the UK, the buyer is responsible for any customs duties or other export charges incurred.
- Paypal payment. We DO NOT supply goods to unconfirmed addresses under any circumstances. Please ensure that your Paypal address is confirmed with Paypal. In the case of orders to unconfirmed addresses a full refund will be issued and alternative payment sought. .
- Most larger items (binoculars, telescopes etc) are shipped by specialist courier (DPD) — the UK standard service is free of charge (with the exception of AstroBoot purchases, were free-of-charge delivery has a minimum qualification) and usually takes around 2 to 4 business days. UK Express is 48Hr and costs £4.50. UK Next day costs £6.50. Please note that UK Next day delivery does not apply to Saturdays. Saturday delivery is an extra charge — please call for details. Smaller high value orders under around 1kg will be shipped using Royal Mail Special Delivery. Lower value small item orders below about 1kg will be shipped using Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Post. All International Orders will be sent using either Royal Mail International Signed Or a specialist international courier (such as DPD or FedEx). Please note that all these services will require a signature for delivery — in case of non-delivery, please contact your local post office or depot in the first instance, as they may have tried to deliver at a time when no one was available to sign for the parcel.
- Express Delivery: goods must be ordered before 2pm for next day and 48hr delivery.
- Please allow up to 4 working days for delivery. In case of non-delivery, please contact us to obtain the postage reference number.
- We do deliver smaller items to BFPO (British Forces Post Office) addresses. We regret we are unable to ship larger items to BFPO addresses. We do not deliver to Post Office (PO) boxes or shipping agent addresses except by special arrangement (please call before ordering).
- Scopes’n’Skies reserve the right to refuse delivery to specific countries at any time.
- Items will be dispatched once payment has cleared — credit/debit card and Paypal payments orders will clear immediately whereas cheque and money orders will take in the order of five (5) working days to clear. Please allow 10 days for delivery.
- All items are in stock and ready to dispatch at the time of posting on our website.
Returns and refunds
We're totally committed to selling high-quality products we hope you'll enjoy using but we also know that, for one reason or another, there may be a time when you need to exchange or return something you've bought. We also recommend that you keep your receipt or order number, which can be found on your order confirmation or on the delivery note, as you might need it as proof of purchase in the event of any after-sales queries
What if I change my mind?
- At Scopes’n’Skies we want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase and therefore offer a no-quibble 21 day return policy.
- If you do wish to return an item to us for an exchange or refund, please telephone us first on 01366 308108 during our opening hours (9-5 Mon-Fri) to obtain your Returned Goods Authorisation (RGA) code from a member of our team. This code should be written on the returns form which must accompany the returned goods, and the code should also on the supplied return address label,to speed up the processing of your return. Please note that RGA codes cannot be obtained via e-mail.
- We ask that you do NOT return goods to us without an RGA code as this will delay the processing of any exchange or refund due.
- Please note that returned items must be sent unused, unsoiled, complete with all its original packaging and parts, and accompanied by a returns form completed in full, no later than 21 days from receipt. Please do not mark or label the goods in any other way.
- For returning goods we advise that you use Royal Mail Recorded Delivery or equivalent. Please retain the shipping reference number as proof of postage.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days of notification of cancellation. Please note that postage costs are only refundable at the discretion of Scopes'n'Skies.
The address for returning items is:
A10 Optical Ltd
1 Westgate Street
Distance Selling Regulations
If you have ordered by telephone or internet, under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have a statutory right to cancel your order within 7 days and receive a full refund for any item (excluding those ordered in our showroom). This does not apply to items personalised or made to your specification; audio/video recordings or software that you have unsealed; items that due to their nature cannot be returned; perishable goods (e.g. periodicals/magazines).
To cancel, you can Email Customer services, call 01366 308108 or write to us at Customer Services (see contact us for details) within seven working days (so not including Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays) commencing the day after the day of delivery of your item(s), quoting your order number. You must take reasonable care of the item(s).
Item(s) with an RGA code may be returned to the address indicated in our contact details shown above.
You may cancel an order for services in the same way, within seven working days (so not including Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays) of the date of purchase, unless the services begin sooner. You may not however cancel transport services which occur on a specific date.
The Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to purchases made in our showroom
If you have an Internet order query, please Email Customer services or call us on 01366 308108.
(For security and training purposes, telephone calls to and from Customer service centres may be recorded or monitored).